An advanced driving course can help you to be a more competent driver: more defensive and more confident. Here we look at the benefits of an advanced driving course
According to ArriveAlive, advanced driving is: “The ability to control the position and speed of the vehicle safely, systematically and smoothly, using road and traffic conditions to make reasonable progress unobtrusively, with skill and responsibility. The skill requires a positive but courteous attitude and a high standard of driving competence based on concentration, effective all-round observation, anticipation and planning. This must be coordinated with good handling skills. The vehicle should always be at the right place on the road at the right time, travelling at the right speed with the correct gear engaged and can always be stopped safely in the distance that can be seen to be clear.”
ArriveAlive encourages people to go on advanced driving courses to improve their safety on the road. Here are some of the benefits of going on an advanced driving course:
• Advanced driving courses can teach people how to anticipate dangerous and unexpected situations, and avoid them.
• Drivers learn how to react quickly, control their fear, and do emergency care and safety if necessary.
• Drivers learn how to manage incidents of road rage.
• Advanced courses teach drivers what other drivers might do to cause an accident, and how to avoid this.
• Drivers learn how to drive at the correct speed, and smoothly, with accurate manoeuvring and controlled speeds. This not only helps with fuel economy, but it also prevents unnecessary vehicle wear and tear.
• Defensive driving teaches people how to prevent road collisions.
• Drivers increase their confidence on the course, which helps overall with driving, and when dealing with dangers on the road.
• Drivers learn how to drive in a stable way, without hesitating or rushing.
This article is intended to be used and must be used for informational purposes only. We do not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information in this article is strictly at your own risk. We will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of the information contained in this article.
Driving takes all of our concentration at the best of times. Driving in the rain is much more difficult. In wet conditions, it’s imperative to understand how to safely manoeuvre your vehicle and avoid weather-related car accidents. Responsible driving means that you’ll be more likely to complete your journey safely.