About Auto & General
With more than 30 years' experience, we've established ourselves as a leader in South African insurance. In that time, we've continually delivered insurance that our clients can rely on, through our superior products, benefits, and partnerships.
At Auto & General, we've also always understood that our clients' priorities may change and grow through their lifetimes, and we want to be there for them no matter what life stage they're at. Over three decades, we've continued to expand our range of products to include personal, business, life, and value-added products, so that our clients' needs are met, no matter what those needs are.
Our Product Offerings
Experience has taught us that, no matter what we do, we must do it well. That's why our insurance products have been carefully crafted to support every client's individual needs.
Under Vehicle Cover, we offer Comprehensive, Third-party, Fire and Theft, and Third-party Only cover. We also provide Home Contents and Buildings Insurance to protect your most valued assets; Life Cover to ease the worry of caring for your loved ones when you no longer can; and Business Insurance, so you can maintain your business and your financial wellbeing.
Our suite of value-add products include scratch & dent cover and tyre & rim guard for your car, as well as mechanical breakdown cover.
If your needs are a little different, we also offer cover for:
Motorcycles; Caravans; Trailers; Off-road vehicles; Watercraft; and your Portable Possessions.
Included in your comprehensive vehicle insurance
- Accident Damage
- Windscreen Cover
- Vehicle accessories
- Theft Cover
- Fire and storm Cover
- Locks & Keys
- Hail Damage
- Liability Cover (3rd party)
- Trauma Assistance
- Legal Assistance
- Entertainment Assistance
- Contribution towards Emergency Accommodation
(covered under Roadside Assistance)
- Roadside Assistance
- Home Assistance
- Medical Assistance
- Towing & Storage
(automatic crash detection App)
- Hail Damage
- Sound system
(not factory fitted)
- Credit Shortfall
(standalone product offering)
- Extended Liability Cover
- Car Hire
- Tracking Device
- Cash Back Plus
Benefits of taking Insurance with Auto & General
Emergencies can happen at any time of the day, any day of the week. As an Auto & General client, you don’t need to worry about the unexpected; our 24/7 Assist Benefits are available to all Comprehensive Vehicle, Home Contents, and Buildings Insurance policyholders.
- We’ll cover the call-out fee and one hour’s labour for plumbers, electricians, glaziers, and locksmiths, because a home emergency doesn’t need to be a dreadful experience.
- When things go wrong with your car, we’re just a phone call away. Our Road Assist includes breakdown and accident assistance.
- If you have a traumatic experience, we will provide you with face-to-face counselling sessions, therapy referrals, and other forms of emotional support to get you through.
- In a medical emergency, time is of the essence. We have a 24/7 telephonic advice line if you’re unsure of what to do, emergency response and transfers to medical facilities, and more.
- Speak to a qualified attorney for legal documentation, agreements, courtroom preparation, and referrals. Plus, you get telephonic tax advice.
- If you need help planning an event, you can find out all you need to know about major entertainment events, hotels, restaurants, and general travel arrangements.
- As an Auto & General client, you will also have access to AutoSOS, our smartphone-based impact detection app. It sends emergency medical assistance directly to your location on the road when you are unable to call for help. If you're in a severe accident, our AutoSOS call centre will be notified straight away, and we will attempt to call you.
- If we can't reach you, the nearest emergency medical services will be immediately dispatched to assist you.
- The AutoSOS benefit is available to the regular driver on our Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance policy.
Auto & General Insurance Company Limited is an authorised insurer and financial services provider. Long-term policies underwritten by 1Life Insurance Limited, an authorised insurer and financial services provider. Terms and Conditions online
The information on this page was provided by the insurer. MotorHappy does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information .