When it comes to fuel costs, diesel cars are often the most economical cars available. Yes, they might have a higher price tag but when you take into account the fuel costs, it might be worth it.
When it comes to fuel costs, diesel cars are often the most economical cars available, and because of this they’re more widely available than ever before. Yes, they might have a higher price tag but when you take into account the fuel costs, it might be worth it.
In the great diesel vs petrol debate, we look at the pros and cons of diesel cars:
• Diesel cars provides better fuel economy than petrol cars, which means they could be the best option for high mileage drivers. This is because a diesel engine requires less fuel and more air for the same performance as petrol engines.
• Diesel cars are usually more powerful than petrol cars because combustion of diesel provides a greater torque to the driveshaft than the combustion of petrol.
• Unlike the petrol cars, the diesel cars do not require ignition tune-ups because they do not have the spark plugs or distributors.
Regardless of whether you choose a diesel or a petrol vehicle, it’s important to look after your car with a regular Maintenance Plan. A maintenance plan through MotorHappy makes scheduled maintenance easy and includes all aspects of a service plan as well as unscheduled repairs.
We’ve put together the following tips to help ensure your petrol or diesel vehicle always drives smoothly:
• Keep up with regular services, according to your vehicle manufacturer’s specifications as outlined in the service booklet.
• Make sure you always have enough fuel in your vehicle. Running out of petrol could damage your vehicle’s engine.
• Check your tyre pressure, to ensure your car is always stable and level.
This article is intended to be used and must be used for informational purposes only. We do not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information in this article is strictly at your own risk. We will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of the information contained in this article.